Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Would you like that with whipped cream?

Just look where our lives have taken us. The Choplettes are getting older and growing every day. We do hair, we love others occasionally, we seek careers and we sell pie. Or at least I do. This was to be a summer of rest and relaxation mingled with adventure. Never did I imagine that I would come out on top...or should I say, with a cherry on top. Warmed up? Ala mode? Or, in a box to go? These are the questions I asked and asked until I won. The seven day pie selling contest at the local diner where I work (Shari's) caught me by surprise. Then I realized I wasn't really interested. Well, I won anyway, and I got a thermos. A really cool one with the Shari's logo on it. Stainless steel and green on the outside. I can't wait until Fall classes when the leaves start to turn and I can whip out my thermos full of hot coco right in the middle of class and count how many people begin to drool. And before that, when it's still hot and miserable out I can fill it with ice and when people ask, "What did you accomplish this summer?" I'll say, "That's a good question. Why don't I show you?"

4 comments:

Kaylene said...

you could fill it will ice or even better ICE CREAM! humans all over the world will be impressed. just so you know great post!!

Whittron said...

and where do you work exactly?

Brittany said...

we grow up so quickly. i am so rpoud of you lily

Brittany said...

we grow up so quickly. i am so proud of you lily