Monday, March 19, 2007

Greeting Card Business/"Missing You"

The Choplettes are a special group of girls. We are adventurers and entrepreneurs. We are spunky and wild. We are fun and imaginative. One of our business ideas has been to start a greeting card line with hilarious photos of ourselves on the covers. Imagine Kim without her tooth in wishing someone a Happy Birthday. Imagine Scary Mary on Halloween, or the Oompah Loompahs on St. Patrick's Day. The possibilities are endless (kind of like the discount bin in a craft store). Last night Kaylene and I went on a tandem bicycle ride and I was inspired. The sky was clear and the stars shone bright. The breeze was lovely and our rhythm was right. Kaylene dropped me off at my house and I left her to ride home alone. I stayed outside for a minute to make sure she could "blast off" alone. She could, but it was sad. It was sad because at that moment I realized that a tandem bicycle should never be ridden solo. It goes against nature and it looks pathetic. So here's my point. One of our cards needs to have someone riding down the street alone on a tandem bicycle. The air is clear, the trees are green, but something is missing. Something is unsettling. You open the card and inside it reads, "Missing You." I think that this would be a highly emotional card. What do you girls think? Please feel free to post more Greeting Card ideas, for posterity.

3 comments:

Kaylene said...

I read this post right before I went to bed late late last night, and I am pretty sure I dreamt of greeting card ideas, too bad I can't remember any of them, I am sure they were gems.

Whittron said...

I sometimes enjoy riding the tandem alone, I get a lot of whistles and cat-calls.

Brittany said...

ab brillant lil